Submitted: 11-20-2005 by MickJetBlue

I tested a 56" cherry cruiser, and a 48" cherry kid's cruiser today in my Wenonah Escapade. I brought along a "standard" beavertail paddle and a 15 degree bent shaft paddle to switch with for comparisons. After 3 rounds of switching with the full size paddles, I opted both mentally and physically for the Nashwaak for paddling efficiency and the joy of the experience. My former beavertail felt like a log in comparison to the Nashwaak, and although the bent shaft yielded more forward momentum, it also required considerably more physical effort. The Nashwaak unique grip permits multiple finger and thumb placements for control, and rotates well in the hand. The slight paddle flex resulted in the smoothest paddling ever. The Nashwaak made me feel like I was more "in tune" with the paddling experience than I had ever realized before.

The real surprise came when I tried the 48" kid's Nashwaak. This ultra lightweight turned me into a turbocharged paddler! The energy return in momentum was much greater than expected, and I would recommend this for anyone needing or wanting a low physical effort paddle with a high efficiency return. Technically, it is better suited for someone less than about 5'5" tall, but it will work for special situations.

The Nashwaak does have a captivating mystery to it, and only its experience can make that realized.