Submitted: 11-20-2005 by boandjill

I've had the H2 for a couple of months and so far so good. I am impressed with them and would buy them again. They have a snug fit (you definitely want to try them on first) and are easily adjusted for a tighter fit with the bungee strap. This is especially helpful when hiking with wet shoes. Speaking of the bungee strap, I broke one and they sent me a replacement kit within days for no charge. I've heard of some people breaking the pull tab on the heel strap when putting them on; I've learned that if you use the front pull tab to get the foot as far into the shoe as possible first, then there isn't as much strain put on the heel tab. I had a pair of Timberland's before and these are much better. One reason they're better is that there is no insert. They're all one piece. The Timberlands were rugged, but they had an insert that needed replacement after a while (especially if used in water). The problem was that they didn't sell a replacement insert. I could never get them to fit right again. You will never have that problem with the H2. If you buy online, make sure they have a good return policy. Fitting is crucial. I got my pair on sale for $70; that's about as cheap as I could find them. Retail is $90. They're worth it.