Submitted: 11-14-2005 by danattherock

I got this boat for a trip in the Noatak Preserve in NW Alaska. We went 35 miles down the Kelly River to the confluence of the Noatak River. Amazing trip. We saw hundreds of caribou and 21 brown bears. Fishing was great for arctic char and grayling. The boat was flawless. Very tough and durable. It was dragged on gravel shallows for the first 3 days. There was like 5 inches of water in the headwaters of the Kelly in August '04. We are planning trip to Kobuk river for Aug 06 and my buddy (who was on Kelly/Noatak River trip) has already bought his Ally Canoe. Incredible boat for these types of trips. Be sure to get the expedition repair kit from ally. It will fix any part of the boat that could break many times over. Also, if you buy two piece canoes paddles, they will fit in the bag with the boat. I found mine at the place I bought the canoe. It is in Washington State. Place called Cascade Crags. Great company. And I believe they are the only importer of Ally canoes in U.S. The boats are made in Norway by Bertram's Inc. Be sure to request VHS instruction tape and written instructions in English. The ones that came with my boat were in Norwegian.

Space Trailers :