Submitted: 11-13-2005 by wjlatsha
I wanted to have something to wear under my Kokatat Super Nova Semi-Dry Suit to insulate me from the cold water, and wick moisture away from my skin. I didn't want two pieces of "long underwear", as I feared while I was paddling the top might ride up, or the bottom slide down under my suit, and I would not be able reposition it. A one piece wicking liner seemed the best for me.

I walked out into the water in my suit, and I could feel the cold water, but I didn't "feel cold". It did what I wanted it to do.

The air was about 50 degrees, and blowing about 10 mph, but the sun was very bright. The Polartec 100 liner wicked the moisture away from my skin, and I was very comfortable. I thought I would be sweating with the sun beating down on me, and wearing a life jacket. But I wasn't. I was far more comfortable that I thought I would be.

If you are looking for something to wear under your Semi-dry, or Dry suit, look closely at the Kokatat, Polartec 100 Dry Suit Liner. It does a great job.

Talic: