Submitted: 11-10-2005 by poakman

I love this kayak! I was paddling a Necky Looksha Sport which was ok but I couldn't get it to track well & it drove me nuts. I hated to have to resort to the rudder just to stay on track. I tried a bunch of different kayaks, different brands/types/price ranges but the Manitou 14 was perfect from the second I put it on the water. I spent several hours a day for 5 days on it on the coast of Maine & it was outstanding. Smaller people may find the cockpit too roomy but I'm close to 6' tall & have long legs but I was very comfortable in this boat. My feet & legs would go to sleep in the Looksha but I didn't have that problem at all in this boat. The retractable skeg is great; there when you need it & completely out of the way if you don't. Nice weight for a plastic kayak too, 50lbs., I have no problems putting on the roof of my Suburban by myself.

Suspenz: