Submitted: 11-08-2005 by AndyG
I took delivery of the Jet the first week of Oct. '05 at the start of the GREAT FLOOD of '05. So excited I paddled between heavy rains in a Cove at low tide. I'm coming from a CD Sirocco now Seda Glider to my first developmental/training boat. I paddled the very next am, the next, the next...

Very scary those first days BUT you learn not to take chances and VIP keep your propulsion.

• Cockpit - long and roomy 10.
  • Seat - Fully adjustable and a beautiful Carbon Fibre weave 10.
  • Foot pad - Wooden large platform for pushing off and fully adjustable. 10.
  • Steering - Aluminum Rod centered between yr feet. Easy to operate. 10.
  • Steering Sensitivity - Moderate, which I like as a beginner. An integral skeg just forward of the rudder serves as a protector and an offset to the steering impact so as not to throw you. Also, it helps the boat track. Huge 10
  • Fit & Finish - Excellent appearance - no rough edges, cockpit sole is glassed over, nice touch. 10.
  • Durability - I will wait a year to see how it stands up to wear and tear.
  • Speed - I've been training alone for 3 weeks and finally entered a race - the Potato (last of the NECKRA series). Much to my surprise and lack of experience - I did very well. It was an 8 mi. course and the river was moving. The eddies along the banks were troublesome because their positions varied and you couldn't keep a line on the inside. The boat excels in shallow water (my training) but I had to go into the current on the return 4 mi. leg and then it was MAGIC. Against the current, I was gaining on, catching and passing boats! I got into a groove and paddled. It not only surprised me but also my friendly opponents who remarked of my speed upstream against the current. This boat is slippery on the water. I am not carrying a GPS at this time because I need to concentrate on balance and stroke at this early level.
  • Stability - for an entry level boat 6ish. Just as advertised - on the steady side. As long as you PUT IN THE TIME
  • Appearance - Sleek and flat deck 10.
  • Weight - 26ish lbs.
  • Kayakpro Office - Excellent to deal with and get back to you right away.

PS: I entered the ICF Class and could have entered the K-1 Touring class in that the boat is 18" at the 4" waterline. ( I didn't realize this at the time.) I passed the fellow who finished 2nd in that class! I recommend this boat highly to anyone who wants to make the leap from a Sea Kayak. Safe paddling and join us in the NECKRA series next year. THE JET ROCKS!

• Your E-mail Address: