Submitted: 11-05-2005 by Waltman

The Carlisle Magic RS paddle is one hell of a bargain. For under $100, as one reviewer said, you cannot beat it. The paddle is made in New Zealand and must have been designed for everything the waters around that island nation can dish out. I took this paddle into about every kind of condition possible -- lakes, rivers, rapids, shallows and deep water, up inland streams full of rocks and brush, and across miles of open water. The paddle is light, yet tough as the rocks I kept hitting it against. I had no arm fatigue after long trips, something I had experienced with aluminum paddles. Once, on Lake Marshfield, in Marshfield, Vermont, I towed in a stranded 16' waterski boat and, even with this load on it, the paddle just never wavered. Of course there was a good headwind against us. But the paddle never wavered, just flexed a little bit more than normal. The RS is a great all around paddle for the price and I did enjoy the ethereal sky blue colors.