Submitted: 11-04-2005 by Bob

I have owned a Sports Rig Delux for almost two years. Once a year I carry six kayaks about 300 miles to a family reunion also when we take trips I place the Kayaks on the upper level and strap the gear for the trip to the basic trailer -- hence the requirement for the Delux model. On one of our first trips one of the shock absorbers slipped off the rubber bushing and created quite a mess. I was able to find some washers to place on the bolt to preclude this from happening again.

My tires have rusted badly and Sports Rig has notified their supplier and I have received new ones.

The rest of the trailer is rusting -- at the joints and through the powder coating. I have sent pictures to Sports Rig and they have indicated that they will fix the problem but that it may take a little time -- that was almost two months ago.

I think that the design of the trailer is as good as I have ever seen but I also think that there are serious issues with rest that must be addressed. We live in Virginia and while the trailer is stored outside it has never been backed into the water, etc so I expected it would take the weather far better than it has.

If Sports Rig does decide to fix the rusting components I will make another posting to that affect.