Submitted: 11-04-2005 by Paul H.

As far as the Loon 111 is concerned, it can do whatever you want it too. Last summer I took it on the Centennial stretch of the Snake River. A good friend of mine is a river guide. Water levels were high and so were our egos... LOL. We ended up taking my Loon 111 and Kiwi Kayak model out on roughly 4-4.5 river sections due to the extremely high flow. I'm very impressed with how it did. This Kayak is by far not even close to designed to handle this...however, I only went swimming about 50-60% of the time. Next time I'll take the perception but I wanted to break in the new YAK. On flat water its a dream. All I'm saying is that this model is durable and can handle a lot of abuse (trust me on that one). I can't wait to go out kayaking during thanksgiving week. I'm planning a 2-3 day trip on the snake. It will be a blast. Good luck with our choice of kayaks... Iíve made mine.