Submitted: 02-07-2000 by BRS

This is a follow up on my comments from last June:
Got stuck on kayaks and I blame it all on that darn Pungo. (will be selling off the two canoes this summer). After a full summer, fall and even early winter I believe I can add some comments to my earlier critique. Still think its a great boat. Been on lakes, rivers and streams and felt comfortable on all three. NO problems tracking open water with head or cross winds, almost impossible to tip over (when you do almost impossible to empty out too) and plenty of cockpit room for easy entry or exit. The skirt was an excellent addition this fall, takes a while to get it zipped up and in place but well worth the effort. The only negitave so far is the foot braces failed on me. First the Right one popped out of the bracket and shortly after the left one failed as well. Luckily I have one of the Midwest largest brick and mortar kayak stores close by to purchase a more substantial relpacement. This is definitely a boat that does many things VERY well.