Your #1 source for kayaking and canoeing information.               FREE Newsletter!
my Profile
Product Reviews - Send Message

You are responding to the following review:

Submitted: 11-01-2005 by R69S

My Impex Outer Island (OI) was purchased for a few specific reasons.

1. To go from Point A to Point B with speed, stability and precision.
2. To be a dependable day-tripper, not an excursion boat.
3. Big storage space was not required, but a day hatch was.
4. To be able to carry my boat with one hand and my gear in the other.

The OI has fulfilled these requirements completely.

I'm 59 years old and paddle regularly with kayakers 10, 20 and at times 30 years younger than me. My old boat could keep up with these guys, but it was clear that I was working harder than all of them. That problem is now a thing of the past.

Fit and finish are excellent. Point-of-balance during over the shoulder carries is superb. Tracking is 99% perfect. That leaves only 1% for turning ability, but Impex states this shortcoming right up front. No one should be surprised.

Gripe: yeah, one. A locking lug of some type would have been appreciated.

Your E-mail Address:

Please enter 1234 (spam prevention, thanks!)

Your Message:

* All you need to do is submit the form above and an email message will be sent to the owner of the ad you are enquiring about.













Follow us on:
Free Newsletter | About Us | Site Map | Advertising Info | Contact Us

©2014 Paddling.net Inc.
Sweepstakes Shirt Sale