Submitted: 10-30-2005 by Reefmonkey
Already had a Frenzy, bought a Yak Board to have a second kayak for when friends come down to my bay house, and because my then girlfriend now wife wanted to try with me. The Yak is the cheapest in the OK lineup, and that appealed to me, and also I thought it would be fun to have a kayak to take in the surf. The Yak Board can't keep up with the Frenzy on flat water. It goes side to side with every stroke. In the surf, the Yak board is good, but not really any better than the Frenzy, which is also good for surf, but the Frenzy is more versatile. I also had the leakage problem others reported, though not nearly as bad, maybe only a quarter cup after a long day surfing. I too have always thought it was the area where the scupper holes bond to the bottom of the hull. I ended up selling it.

Mitchell Paddles: