Submitted: 10-19-2005 by Nathan

The Pamlico Excel is the first kayak I have ever purchased. I often refer to this kayak as "The Beast". This boat is not light by any means, and loading this boat solo is no easy task (80+ lbs).

I have taken this boat on numerous fishing trips, camping trips, and Class III whitewater runs. In all scenarios, this boat is AWSOME. I have tipped this boat, but only under extreme conditions. If you roll this boat on flat water, you may need to up-grade to a raft. It is VERY stable. Stable enough that I have gotten hung up, right in the middle of a Class II+ rapid, rotated the boat, and took the rest of the run backwards.

I highly recommend this boat. It's great for taking a friend, or pet, along for a relaxing weekend. Plenty of room for a week of camping, if you pack right. Fishing is a dream. A buddy and I just returned from a trip to the Watauga River, and both of us were catching trout all day long w/o getting in each others way. I will NEVER sell this boat. It will be my big ol' baby until it falls apart, and that will be no time soon.