Submitted: 10-17-2005 by rswayz

Overall, this is a great boat. I researched tandems for about a year, and the Acadia offered the best options (for me) for the money. My wife, one-year-old daughter, and I use this craft for easy day trips.

Pluses include the more than ample carrying capacity and cockpit space. It also tracks well, is extremely stable and has decent speed, especially for a large tandem.

It is a fairly hefty boat, at 80-lbs, but with Yakima Hully-rollers on the top of the car and a good carrier, I have no problem loading, unloading and launching the kayak by myself. A good carrier will also help prevent damage to the keel that other reviewers have referred to.

My one concern is not regarding the boat itself, but the company that makes it. I tried looking into purchasing a rudder kit, but could never get a hold of any representatives at Perception/Watermark due to a corporate 'changeover.' This is disconcerting because in the event I need any serious assistance, I'm not sure how much support I am going to receive. These circumstances would also dissuade me from purchasing another Perception kayak.

Bottom line: a great, versatile boat, but it would seem once you buy it, you’re on your own.

Space Trailers :