Submitted: 10-17-2005 by bob

Purchased a (plastic) CD Storm in February 2005. Stability is excellent. Rigging is good. I can paddle all day without a sore bum. If it wasn’t for one significant failing I would love it to death.

So why did I give it a 3 out of 10? Simple, it turned up with a bent stern, and as a consequence it permanently turns left. Every left hand stroke is a sweep, and I cannot do more than a mild power stroke on the right. It does full circles so its not prevailing conditions. Yes you can put the rudder in to counter the situation, and this makes it great for resistance training.

It is now October and I am still fighting to have it replaced with a straight boat, under the so called no-nonsense warranty! To date the dealer keeps getting new Storms in and they are all bent exactly the same way. The importer claims it occurs during transit. Clever the way transit managed to "damage" each new boat exactly the same way. The importer did admit that it was a problem with the mold in August, but they have since changed the story to the transit one.

At the end of the day I suggest you stay away from them till they get their act together.

Going bananas!