Submitted: 10-17-2005 by Kevin

First canoe, so I really don't have much to compare it to, but I will say that I looked at many models in this recreational royalex 15-16' category and for the price, this seemed to be the best made. After comparing the OT to the Wenonah, the yoke, handles, seats, overall construction of the Wenonah’s is much better. 4" rocker makes for quick turns although straight line tracking suffers, especially with wind.

Pretty fast boat and darn tough too as I have taken on class II rocks and suffered only scratches and small dents. Good for fishing with 2 people, paddles well solo too. I would definitely buy this brand again. You don't see many in this part of the country, so it's nice to have something different. Seems to be well made. I wouldn't call it light at 60 lbs, but not too bad.

This is a good choice for class 1 and 2 (like I would know) and flatwater. You will get wet in this boat in whitewater, I got very wet once - operator error. Comfortable curved web seats, much better than the flat variety. Slightly tippy initially, but secondary stability seems good to me. I've thrown this boat on top of the SUV, in the back of a pickup, drag it over rocks, hit logs and boulders head on (by accident) and still has nothing but cosmetic scrapes, I guess that's the sole purpose of royalex.

Pelican Intl.: