Submitted: 10-17-2005 by seaboo
It'll be 4 years this spring since I bought my Quest. This was my first sea kayak and I had did a lot of research into boats before I decided on the Quest. I was no expert when I bought this boat but I found I had made a good decision.

Initial stability "feels" a little loose but the secondary stability is the greatest. My first year of kayaking I took her in an 18 mile race on Lake Superior in VERY rough conditions. I learned real fast that day how well the Quest performs. There were many capsizes that day and people, more experienced than me, dropping out. I credit the design for the success I had in just finishing the race that day.

There is plenty of room to pack just about anything you want to take with and it still performs well fully loaded.

The quality of the workmanship is very apparent. Beautiful work. It also is a very tough boat and has held up well. I have had the opportunity to contact Seaward's with questions and was answered immediately. The impression I have of them is that it's a great company. I couldn't be happier with my boat.

Since then I have had an opportunity to demo many other kayaks...just to compare and I haven't found one that I like as much as the Quest.

I started whitewater kayaking 2 years ago and I am on my third WW boat. Sea kayaks I know I'll only have one...my Quest.