Submitted: 10-12-2005 by SWS

I purchased the Solstice GTXL this summer after a long search for a boat to fit my size 13 feet (I'm 6'3" and 195 lbs). The GTLX is out of print though CD will make one on order if you want. I had a CD Pachina prior to this and liked the build quality and finish. Among the larger boats, the GTXL is one of the few that offer more height at the foot pegs and still has a reasonably sized cockpit length (The new Titan's cockpit is a lot longer, causing sprayskirt issues and forcing one's deck bag out of reach). So this was a good compromise. It's clearly a big boat, but I find it to be fast enough, relatively easy to turn, and not appreciably more susceptible to weather cocking than the Pachina. I did bolt on aluminum "extenders" to the foot pegs so that I could position my feet higher up and still be on the balls of my feet. This allows a very comfortable foot position. Overall, a very good boat with typical excellent Current Design quality. The only negatives are those associated with any large kayak, hard to work around if you're tall."