Submitted: 10-12-2005 by bmbmkr73

I've had my X-factor since March. It's my first kayak, so I didn't have much to compare to. I ordered it from the website, and the customer service was outstanding. When I went to the airport to pick it up, I couldn't believe how big it was. (I purchased a Scrambler and a Phoenix that week.) It's a little heavy, but the room, stability and comfort are worth the trade off. I paddled 11 miles down Contentnea Creek the next weekend, and it wasn’t bad at all. I finally got out into the Atlantic this summer, she breaks through the waves with ease and is as stable as a barge. I have since been on a Scupper Pro, Tarpon 120, Scrambler and my son's Phoenix, while they are a little more maneuverable and lighter, the stability, tracking and function of the X-Factor are top notch in my book. I have added a depth finder and a few more rod holders. The center hatch cracked and Malibu sent me two more for free, one for the center and one for the rear.