Submitted: 10-06-2005 by Riverqueen

Warning: This boat is not 47 pounds in Kevlar. I have spoken with the company in depth about this issue. None of the boats are coming in at 47 pounds. The new 2006 catalog is stating 49 pounds but the company stated it is going to be more like 50-51 for Kevlar. The extra weight matters to me since my last boat weighed 47 pounds and I was maxed out while shouldering the boat onto my SUV. The boat I have now is actually 53 pounds, but they are making me another. The bad news is that the one they just made for me is still 50 pounds, not 47 as promised. They stated that their advertising was a mistake and they cannot do anything about it. Besides the weight issue - the boat is exactly what I wanted. It tracks well, carves well, and is decent for speed. I previously had a fiberglass Greenland-style before this boat.