Submitted: 10-04-2005 by CL

I am the proud new owner of a Manitou sport. I also purchased the Seven2 Airidium paddle. I explained to the staff where I purchased these items that I would be paddling in some small creeks, rarely in a wide open lake. Everyone felt that this would be a great paddle. I loved the unlimited feathering. I just can't get used to a 45 degree feather. 20 or 30 degrees seems so much more comfortable at this time. And this paddle offers you those options. So I take it out the first day to attempt to paddle up this small set of ripples near my brother's house. It's just one of those things we do for fun even though we can never quite make it through. Anyhow on my second attempt, paddling aggressively as you need to go upstream, I clip a good sized rock with the left blade and I watch the blade float down stream behind me. I've played in these ripples numerous times with my parents Bending Branches paddles for half the price. I've never had the blades even chip. This just snapped right off. I'll admit that I was loving this paddle up to that point. But now it is obviously suspect. The store that I purchased it at is contacting the manufacturer. We'll see how things go. Hopefully their customer service has improved since some of these reviews. I'll post the rest of the story as it continues.

NOCQUA Adventure Gear: