Submitted: 10-03-2005 by sonic
The Rogue is a truly wonderful WW boat for those of us that can't kneel for very long. Its ability to turn and surf alone make it a fun moving water boat, but it's also very dry. My buddy and I come in just under 500 lbs together and this boat handles it fine. Wenonah has done a great job in giving me a boat that I can take newbies down class III rapids without too much concern for their lack of boating skills.

When paddled by 2 experienced canoeists it handles very well indeed. You can even get some decent play in. As you would expect it doesnít track or glide as well as a conventional canoe, but itís not for that. For WW I prefer it to a prospector. The only boats that compare to it that Iíve tried are the Esquif Canyon, which is longer, but has more rocker and is better for carrying gear and the Mohawk XL15 with seats which I donít like as well as the Rogue. For were I spend most of my time (Class I- III WW) the Rogue is the perfect boat for me.

I did have to lower the seats and I will put some thigh bracing in, but other than that itís excellent.