Submitted: 10-03-2005 by Andrew and Natalie

My wife and I took out our new mango colored, rotomolded, Current Designs Crosswind today (10/01/2005) for the first time at a local lake and loved it! We got many compliments from fellow paddlers and fishermen. We received our Crosswind a couple of days ago and ordered it about six weeks ago. The first thing we noticed once in the water was how stable the boat was. It did not have a lot of wobble while paddling or entering/exiting the boat. We got our Crosswind with a rudder which we highly recommend due to the length of the boat (18'6"). The boat tracked great without the rudder, however it was nice to coast and let the rudder direct the boat.

The cockpits are very roomy. I am 6'3" and I did not have any problem sitting in the rear and using the rudder. The crosswind comes with plenty of storage for whatever trip you may want to take. The only thing that I would advise to a potential buyer is that the Crosswind takes two people to move it around out of the water since it weights almost 100 lbs. But don't worry it is a piece of cake with two people. We have a Ford Sportrac with a Yakima rack (hully rollers and saddles) that was easy to load and unload the Crosswind; it fit nice and secure. The Crosswind was a little longer than our Sportrac on both ends and looked great! It is safe to say that the Crosswind draws a lot of attention on and off the water! We highly recommend the Crosswind to any level of paddler. See you out on the water!