Submitted: 09-27-2005 by jyastine

I bought a used kevlar Revenge one month ago, and love it! Yes, it is tippy, and staying upright in heavy ocean swells can be a challenge, but the way I figure it - if I can stay upright on the waves off my local beach, stirred up by hurricanes Katrina and Rita in recent weeks, then I'll do just fine under any other water condition. It's a pleasure to dig in to the water with my paddle, and feel the Revenge get right up to speed, fast. The Revenge does nicely into the wind and with a following wind as well (and my Revenge has no rudder - yet). The best part? I'm no athlete, but I can pick up the Revenge, balance its 45-50 lbs on my head, and walk from house to car, or car to beach (I haven't invested in a kayak-cart yet), and not feel like I'm going to get a hernia or a back/neck-ache. The Revenge is a good choice for anyone looking for a versatile craft that you can "grow into."