Submitted: 09-26-2005 by JAS

I bought my Viviane used this spring and have been paddling it all summer up here in Alaska. I spend a couple hours in it most mornings before work, unless the weather gets too bad, and sometimes after.

The Viviane is a slow turning but wonderful Kayak. I have been out in the ocean swells and wind chop while able to paddle right through it. It did take some getting used to the knife edge bow, and don't ever let the bow touch the beach while getting in or out. The construction is top cabin and light enough I can put it ontop of my Trooper by myself.

I am 6'2" and have long legs. There are few kayaks that alow me into them without bruises up and down my legs. This has never been a problem with this kayak and the rim is well designed so that even after many practice rolls, one after another, the skirt remains where it belongs. If you’re a big person or want a fast boat that can hold a lot of gear this is a boat you should look at.

Sealline: