Submitted: 09-26-2005 by Jason

This is my 3rd kayak. And the first one I hand made it. I found this beauty on the internet, and requested for a catalog. However, it never arrived. I bought it anyway, from far overseas Asia. The whole assembling process took me 3 months. Thanks to the detailed instruction and tons of suggestions/reviews on the internet, putting the boat together was generally uneventful. However, like others, the glassing and sanding of the baby has been very stressful. Maybe Pygme can develop some kind of teaching VCD so customers can understand more of the glassing procedure. It's really hard to lay the glass cloth and saturate it flawlessly flat. Maybe the company was very confident of their provided instruction, they never reply my e-mail regarding the varnish materials. This was the only thing I have to complain about them. As a foreigner, verbal communication through the phone is inefficient and expensive. Hope they can be a little bit more thoughtful on this. After all, the boat is too beautiful so many people all over the world will appreciate it. I paid heavy shipping/customs/tax fee but never regret it. And now I own the only wooden kayak in my area.

Black Lagoon Products, LLC: