Submitted: 09-26-2005 by kayak
Itís been over five years since I first wrote a review on this boat so itís time for an update. A generally great all around kayak. The oval shaped bottom performs like some surfing kayaks and it still can make the twists and turns of the many Florida rivers. The fixed rudder (skeg) that is molded into the bottom of the boat makes for excellent tracking on windy days. It handles rough water in the Atlantic Ocean or Gulf of Mexico and does well in the surf and paddles through wind and chop with ease. Every time I lift the kayak on top of my Van I appreciate the fiberglass hull that allows a 16í kayak to only weigh in at 50 lbs and you can still buy this kayak for around what you would pay for a plastic boat. River or open water this kayak makes for an enjoyable paddle and the extra large hatch in back provides ample storage space for a river camping trip.