Submitted: 01-28-2000 by impactnorth@xc.org

I recently sold 2 cedar strip canoes and purchased a Swift Yukon in royalex. Wonderful all around canoe. Handles whitewater and tripping conditions well. Has a very good glide and is easy to keep up at cruising speed. I run a canoe tripping school so have had ample opportunities to paddle a lot of different boats, I have also owned a cedar strip prospector, and redbird, as well as an old town 164. The Yukon out performs any other canoe I have ever paddled for a wide variety of paddling condions. It spins on a dime yet tracks very well. A "traditional" tripping canoe such as the prospector does not compare with the performance found in this boat. If your paddling takes you into a large variety of conditions from III whitewater to large lakes and windy streams this is the canoe to own. I have also paddled Swift Dumoins and Madawaska's they handle equally well but are limited by capacity. the only compaint I have with the boat is that it is a bit shallow in the center.