Submitted: 09-17-2005 by attitude

I've owned an Ocean Kayaks Frenzy for over 6 years. Great SOT Yak! Over Labor Day weekend I bought two yak boards at Sports Chalet. Then we headed up to Emma Woods SB, by Ventura, CA. I wanted to introduce the wife and my physician to surfing on a Yak. One yak board filled up faster than a leaky faucet and the other was a sieve. Both of them sunk. Neat to sit on top of slightly under the water but dangerous. We couldn't figure it out at first. Thought maybe the drain holes hadn't been screwed down. Tried one again. The wife couldn't keep it straight and did a slosh three sixty. Noooo stability. It came in by itself. End over End! Wife thought it great fun. She survived. I almost had a heart attack. Took them back to Sports Chalet. No problem the manager was very nice. The air breather had cracks inside the scupper holes and appeared poorly formed. The other just leaked a gallon of water every fifteen minutes. Quality control issues? Still I love my Frenzy so I ordered another one. Next time will have a longer ride!