Submitted: 09-14-2005 by guardrail

Recently we bought a Tarpon 160i in Mystic Blue for my wife after having my 160 for two years. We have had it out 4 times and haul it and store it on its side on our trailer. Itís stored under cover out of the sun. The performance of the boat is what I've come to like in the Tarpon hull and the top deck of the 160i has more versatility.

Two things are observed which we've asked our dealer to check with Wilderness on. First, parting line cleanup/trim is terrible. Not flush with hull and top deck and irregular. Second, the tie down straps are causing the plastic to streak or smear, in some places making it look like the color is coming out.

Dealer says the Wilderness response was that the parting line was "the quality of the work we were doing on the day the boat was made" and the plastic is "what we are using these days".

We think that is just plain poor. Hopefully they never have a day when their parting line trim out is so bad they put slits in the hull.