Submitted: 09-12-2005 by Bugzee-m

We tried the Dragonfly tandem off a beach here in Japan and I have to say Iím quite impressed. I have tried most of the Stearns and other Advanced Elements inflatables and for what it is, itís not a bad little boat.

At first we had two fairly large guys (90kg / 200lbs) in it. We had plenty of freeboard and it didnít noticeably sag. Speed was acceptable and it tracked well. The front cockpit was a little tight but it wasnít uncomfortable. I could stretch my long legs out.

Next I paddled it solo from the rear cockpit and it was more like a whitewater boat, easy to turn etc. Tracking was not great but this instantly improved when my 3 yr. old daughter who weighs about 14kg / 29lbs got in the front seat.

I think that with camping gear in the front cockpit, this would make quite an acceptable overnight boat for a solo paddler. You also have the ability to sit the kids in the front for some beach or lake fun. This and the fact you can throw it in the back of the car or backpack it to a lake for exploring or fishing makes it a versatile little boat.

Iíd have one!ÖBuy the Tandem.