Submitted: 09-07-2005 by vk1nf
This paddling semidry suit has met all our expectations. The neoprene neck seal is far more comfortable than the usual latex gasket, and we have experienced no more than a few spoonfuls of water entering during swims. The relief zipper/dropseat and the booties are excellent features. The breathable fabric works - I've paddled on 25 degree C days with no sweating (did have to have a cool-off dip).

Complaints - about the only one I have is the main zipper placement - it tucks so far back over the shoulder that I have great difficulty reaching it to start closing the suit. I'd prefer it a little further closer to the front and extending further down the front of the suit. The only other question is that of durability - Kokatat doesn't offer their lifetime warranty on the SuperNova - we'll see how it holds up over the years.

Given the price (about $525 Cdn, $425 US), the SN suits are a good alternative for paddlers who need thermal protection but can't/won't pay the price for the full Goretex suits.