Submitted: 09-06-2005 by jbim

I've been out three times with my new Elles'. It's a great boat. I picked it up directly from the factory, still in its original wrapper. The finish was flawless. The Kajaksport hatches are leak proof. The new skeg works really well. The knob is not in your way when you paddle. The 5-notches dial is quite useful. The seat could be the most comfortable of all. The thigh brace is perfect for me. The boat fits me like a glove at 5'10", 180.

The boat does feel a bit tippy standing still but it's very easy to get comfortable within minutes. I am able to get in and out seat first and then feet right from the water, no part of the boat touching the beach. So it must be stable enough. The secondary stability is just amazing, the boat is so easy to control with just leans from one side to the other. I find it weathercocks a bit. The skeg does correct this with some drag I suppose. However, the boat still maneuvers well will leans even with the skeg down all the way. I was out on confused seas yesterday. It handles that very well. Not too bouncy. I like the way the bow takes the waves. Not completely out but not completely in as well. Just right, feels secure but not a totally dry ride.

All in all a great boat. I prefer it over the Impex Currituck and QCC 700. I have owned both. I give it a 9 because a boat is always some kind of compromise and its weathercocking is a proof of that.