Submitted: 09-05-2005 by richard

I am 300 lbs and 6'2" and I am somewhat satisfied with the Catalyst 13.0 I have probably paddled over 250 miles in it since buying it in May of 1994. I was going to buy the Kestel from Current Designs but my kayak dealer didn't have any in stock, but introduced me to the Catalyst. At first I thought the dealer was trying to unload the Catalyst on me instead of ordering the Kestrel. But after demoing the Catalyst, I really liked it. I find no problems getting in and out of the Catalyst with my large frame and it fits just right in my truck if I place it diagonally in my truck with the tailgate down and a red flag on the part which overhangs.

The only complaints I have is that my long legs over extend the footrests making them useless. But my feet do rest upon the front bulkhead which is actually pretty comfortable. What is not comfortable is the seat. At times it digs into my back and I am going to replace it with a better one.

Overall I like the feel of the Catalyst and I do recommend it, but be sure you try before you buy.