Submitted: 09-01-2005 by little_daddy979

I got my Georgian Bay from Joe Signs Equipment on eBay for 680 including shipping. This was including a rudder. The boat has way more storage than I expected. I pack light, and I could fit 3 or 4 weeks of food in it w/ gear. Iím 6'2" and 180 lbs, and i found the entry to be easy. My size 12 feet had to be angled like a previous review, but i do that anyway, so its no problem. The boat is about average as far as rolling goes. It has no knee braces, but it is designed with semi knee coverage in the hull. The inflatable seat back is nice. The pad on the bottom could use some help though. The boat is very fast and responsive, tracks above average, and responds well to leaning turns. The rudder ill-advised if you can turn the boat w/out it. It gives lots of drag and slowed me down a lot on a calm lake. It was also difficult to let up and down. I am thinking of taking it off. The hatches are moody. After a few minutes of rolling, the front was filled with water, and the back was 1/2 full. I emptied the boat, readjusted the covers, and tried again and they were bone dry. You have to get them just so in order to have them work right. The bulkheads are sealed good. Overall, the boat is well worth the money. No boat is perfect, and this one does exactly what i want. It also took boat wakes like nothing.

Suspenz: