Submitted: 01-24-2000 by Lee Wilder

I have paddled many different models of sea kayaks at demo days etc., and my choice of the best all round sea kayak is the Carolina. My first sea kayak was a more "high performance" model, a boat that I never felt comfortable in. One day while offshore in my "performance" kayak, a storm blew in. My "high performance" kayak scared me to death. Through many braces and much prayer I made it to shore , vowing to get a more stable craft. The Carolina was my answer. I have taken it out in high winds , huge swells, and breaking surf and it performs like a champ! I feel comfortable taking it anywhere in any situation. Tracking and maneuverability are excellent as the boat is fast for its length. Stability is excellent. Enough said! Take it from someone who has gone the "high performance" route, buy a Carolina. You cant go wrong.