Submitted: 08-24-2005 by MB

One of the best WW Sit on tops around. Very low profile for a SOT and it is very stable going through class II and class III whitewater. I have run Class II and III on the Chattooga with it and it proved to be very stable and maneuverable. Surfs well as and can easily catch eddies. It is a wet ride though as with all SOT's. The only problem is with this boat that I have found is that you are literally sitting in water as you ride. I am about 190 lbs and with two drain holes in the seat, you ride in about 2 inches of water on your butt. I paddle mostly in the summer months so it is not a problem, but I would not recommend for early spring or fall paddling. I have not taken it out in the ocean surf, but plan to do so soon. However, it is a fun boat to learn WW skills on as a beginner before upgrading to a real kayak.

MTI Adventurewear: