Submitted: 08-23-2005 by sushiboy

My wife and I rented a pair of these on the Sunshine Coast for a quick paddle. She took the 140, I took the larger 145, which I had been considering buying.

The boat felt great. The Phase 3 seats are fantastic, particularly the ability to raise and lower the backrest. I'm not sure why other kayak companies don't add this feature. My back almost always aches after paddling but I felt great after with this boat.

Stability felt great. We had the rudders down most of the time, so no problems with tracking and turning. One feature I like was the tabs on the deck line that lowers the rudder. I was surprised at how well the boat moved into the wind, given the relatively high deck.

Still, the 145 felt like a "fat man's boat" (as it was once described to me) and even at 6'0, 210 lbs, the cockpit seemed way too loose.

Ultimately, Iím going to bypass the Tsunami and move up the to the Capehorn 170. I'm pretty sold on WS and Phase III. I just don't want a 14 ft boat, but if I did, I would seriously consider the 140.