Submitted: 01-20-2000 by Dean Karavite

The Vizcaya is my first kayak, and I really love it. It was indeed a little tippy the first time out, but as the other review stated, that soon faded. I think this was the best boat I could have purchased for the money, and for a first kayak. Storage is just a little cramped for long trips, but I have a lot of junk! The boat handles extremely well, and turns are sharp and easy without the rudder. Still, get the rudder if you ever figure you will be dealing with any wind. I learned to roll all on my own with this boat, and on the many unsuccessful attempts, I did notice that both hatches do leak a little bit when the boat is flipped. The boat handles waves quite well too. Beyond all this, you have to admit that is a really cool looking boat, and it always turns heads with its distinctive design.