Submitted: 08-21-2005 by bc

I have a plastic Looksha IV. The only problem I have with the boat is that is it weathercocks horribly--thank goodness for the rudder. In most conditions it tracks well and I really enjoy its agility. I'm 5'8" 170. I bought it for its agility and speed. Haven't used the hatches for anything.

I did customize the cockpit to fit the smaller paddler I once was (145 lbs). The seat was too wide and knee braces a bit pathetic. I used foam and polyester to fit the boat to myself. I must say, however, that the Looksha IV was/is designed for a larger paddler but I liked it's handling and speed better than any other boat I test paddled-- the whole lineup at Carl's Paddlin' and Rutabega in Madison, WI.

If Prijon made a boat that I liked the handling of I would have bought one because of the quality of their plastic. My next boat will likely be a wood glue-and-stitch kit.