Submitted: 08-21-2005 by ladysailor

I was one of these folks that was really stoked when I heard of this. I have a Chevy Trailblazer and like to Kayak solo. So now I have it.

The good: Putting the kayak on top has improved…wind and wet boat when trying to load solo was scary.

Not necessarily bad but a challenge: Getting both arms to release at same time to get the lift. I use my head to get the initial push.

Bad: Locking the arms down to put the kayak on and take it off. Tricky as you can get the arms to lock but it does not always work. Also once you have the kayak on top working the bars so that they lock. Also the screws that hold the braces in place are a pain to use. One of mine broke already and I have only used it about 4 times.

Summary: I hope that Thule comes up with some fixes and then passes that on free to existing owners.