Submitted: 08-19-2005 by Scott

I am downgrading my previous review. After having the kayak out on the water more than a dozen times, I noticed that more than half the time the kayak has a tendency to pull to one side or the other. I'm guessing this happens if the main tube is not lined up perfectly with the outer hull, but there is no way in which to check the alignment. This kayak needs a skeg, badly!

I also broke the zipper on the outer hull. Even though this was my own stupid fault trying to force the zipper closed, STEARNS replaced the whole kayak at no cost to me. That's why I'm rating this kayak as a 7 instead of a 5.

I strongly recommend buying the Advanced Elements Airfram if you are interested in this style of kayak. It is designed by the same people, but it has better valves and most importantly, it has a skeg!

I think I would have been happier with an inflatable sit-on-top.