Submitted: 08-16-2005 by souhami
Loop T Loon. I had owned Loon 138 for years and loved it. I sold it for $100 less than I bought it for 8 yrs ago. I wanted to upgrade to a Dirigo 140, I got hooked on its neat new features. I purchased a demo at REI. Hated it. I reviewed the Dirigo here as well. I returned it and tried a WS Pungo 120, better but to tippy and cockpit not as comfortable as a loon 138. I like WS SOT's never a big fan of their SINK's. REI no longer sells Loon 138's. I was able to get one from LL Bean. A red one replaced my green one. It arrived 3 days ago. I was on the water today, how wonderful "like putting on an old shoe." I am happy again so is my dog hopefully for many years. I also own 2 SOT's, a WS Tarpon 100 and an Ocean Kayak Sidekick, both are fine summer boats. My grandson loves the OK Sidekick so does the dog. My old Loon 138 came with a hatch cover. I would like to install one.