Submitted: 08-14-2005 by ts

Ocean Kayak Caper is my 2nd kayak. I was looking to replace Tropic Islander that I bought at Costco. I was looking for not too long of a kayak so that I could still transport behind my SUV. I was also looking for a relatively wide kayak for stability and to carry me properly (250 pounds). After recommendations at a Kayak store I decided on Caper, and I am really glad I did. It is a very stable kayak, perfect for light touring. It handles choppy lake conditions really well and it is very comfortable.

My only complaint is water collects in foot rests, but I think wet boots will take care of that. It is very easy to transport for me. It is relatively faster than my first kayak and it gives you confidence in lake currents. I have not taken it to the ocean yet but I am sure it will handle calmer ocean very well. If you are looking for a recreational, light touring kayak I think this kayak is one of the best alternatives. I know, because I searched and compared many different possibilities.