Submitted: 08-14-2005 by HollyJane

I have owned my Eclipse for 5+ years. I solo paddle, almost exclusively, on a very manageable lake/s and have been very happy with the performance and the weight. BUT, mine developed 3 COLD CRACKS two winters ago. These have been repaired, at great psychic expense, and the boat still performs well, although I suspect its $ value is very low. I have been very unhappy with service and response from Mad River at all levels. Very disappointing experience that took 1+ years to resolve. Mad River now calls cold cracks a Material Limitation and does not consider them a material or manufacturing defect! Because, I believe, I bought the boat before their position on cold cracks was clearly stated in their manual and warranty and by their dealers, they agreed to sell me a new canoe at half the cost. Something I should be grateful for, judging by the way they treated me, but not really what I wanted to do. Canoe Rating: 9 of 10 Service Rating: 1 of 10