Submitted: 01-18-2000 by tsunamichuck

I have been paddling the K2 for about 2 months around Okinawa in various conditions. It is a stable, comfortable boat. My usual paddling partner is not a very strong paddler( good company and ballast mainly)and the boat takes a lot of energy to keep it going. When I have paddled with stronger folks it held a nice cruising speed. It tracks well responds to ruddered turns well. The sea socks make it a very warm and safe boat. I have had it out in 6-8ft seas and 25+ knot winds and feel very secure at all points of wind. With the polytech deck, I do not take on much water( Mainly from launching and landing). Assembly is time consuming and the instructions were a bit hard to follow at first. Everything fits easily however and forms to make an exceptionally strong boat. It is a heavy boat (90lbs)that will store in either 1 or 2 bags. It takes a bit of muscle to hall around so a cart is almost a necessity. Overall a great kayak.