Submitted: 08-12-2005 by Robert

I just bought an orange Riot Voyager after some considerable research in my quest to buy something above a recreational craft that would give me and my family a lot of room to work on our paddling technique while not getting bored with a rec boat. After visiting several kayak dealers, I was really happy with the people at the Oakville Langford location, and found them to be the most helpful and willing to strike a deal. I like the warranty on this boat and it rides nicely. It is fairly fast, but I found that the addition of a rudder, which we got, is a great thing, since we have been paddling a lot on our lake in Muskoka, which has water conditions ranging from glassy-smooth to choppy due to wind and motorboat wakes. My kayak came with covered hatches, front and rear, with the rear bulkhead being sealed-off behind the seat. It is a fairly light boat, but I'd love it more if it were 10 lbs. lighter (that would be about $1000 more costly). I was glad to see the same boat at Langford Canoe in Dwight (Muskoka) was being sold, equipped similarly, for $700 more! (The model was actually a Sun Velocity, which is the identical craft, made by the same Montreal manufacturer). My experience has led me to recommend both this kayak highly as well as the dealer in Oakville.