Submitted: 08-12-2005 by kyksteve

After reading a lot of reviews and deciding what I wanted in a boat I bought the whistler its been about 6 months and I couldn't be happier I was paddling a 16" tandem Old Town 160t so its like going from a truck to a sports car. The cost, quality, length, weight, tracking and stability were all factors. I found a barely used boat for $700.

Current Designs seems to be of very good quality, there web site is informative and customer service was very responsive when I requested an owner’s manual. The storage compartments are roomy, the covers and bulk heads do not leak the covers fit tight and go on kinda hard. The plastic remains firm and does not oilcan, the deck rigging is of good quality, I wish the seat back came up a little higher.

At 14'6" 25" width 58lbs it fits nice in the garage and I can put get it on and off the car and to the water without trouble. I am 5'10" 200lbs and the boat fits me nice with foot room to spare. It tracks like its on rails without a skeg or rudder. I've fished from and paddled in 3'waves with good stability. Although I have not tried a lot of boats the whistler does everything I want.

Swift Canoe & Kayak: