Submitted: 08-11-2005 by waterjunkie

My family and I love our Kingfisher (royalex). Here's how we have used it with much fun and success:

• single person fly fishing in a lake -- sitting and standing (takes reasonable balance)
  • lake trolling with three in the boat and two poles in the water (highly recommend c-clamp pole holders)
  • lake adventuring with two adults, two kids and a dog against a strong wind (the weight definitely helped us through this one as similar situation paddling solo was painful--it's the only reason I give this canoe a 9 vs. a 10)

We load it right on to factory racks on our expedition. At 65 lbs and some additional fishing gear two adults can carry it 75-150 yards fairly easily--more than that and you start to feel the burn. It's fantastic for trolling, flyfishing and the only reason I am considering a motor is to get to the secret spots quicker.

If you are going to solo and face a lot of wind often, I'd consider a different model.

• Your E-mail Address: