Submitted: 08-10-2005 by Camperbear

I bought the canoe used a couple of months ago, it's a 2005 model, and was barely used. I've used it almost every weekend since we bought it, mostly on local lakes and one river, just day trips or for a few hours, but so far I am very happy with it, had a 17 foot Coleman for years, a decent boat very useful and durable but hard for one person to handle and load/unload on my truck.

This 15 and a half foot model is perfect for two people and equipment for an overnight campout. It's easy for one person to manage and load, and the weight capacity is more than enough. It's a little heavy, but maybe that helps with the easy handling and straight tracking in the water. The hull is very strong and durable, the RAM-X material is very tough, I know this because we had our Coleman fly off our truck years ago on the freeway, (fortunately no other cars around) and other than some scratches and a few small dents, easily fixed, no real damage to the canoe. We also ran some pretty rough whitewater rapids in the Coleman, not recommended, but no damage to the hull after banging against some pretty sharp rocks on our way down river. The Ram-X is real strong stuff.

Overall I'm real happy with the Pelican and plan on keeping it for a very long time, going to try a overnight campout soon, next on the list I'm buying a electric trolling motor for it with in the next month.